Lakme Fashion Week is on in Mumbai. Disha Patani was the showstopper for the designer Ritu Kumar. She wore a flower embroidered corset dress which was see through from the waist. Teaming up the white shorts added a sexyness to the look. It is an intelligent way to style a see through dress.
source : afashionistadiairies on instagram
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY INDIA!!!
This 71st Independence Day lets not talk about positives & negatives of our politicians. Lets admire & get inspired by their captivating fashion style statement. There were few great leaders in Indian history like Pt.Jawahahr Lal Nehru, Mr.Subhash Chandra Bose who besides their sacrifices & leadership, also had unique dressing style. Nowadays, we have our so stylish Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi & few more. Let see how we can adapt some unique styles from their signature look.
1.Pt.Jawahar Lal Nehru : He was an iconic fashion figure. He gave “Nehru Collar” to the fashion world. His plain Achkan with chudidar lover has become almost as iconic as denims. In present time, you can adapt his collar styles & whole look with new twists. Try variations in collar, fabric, colour, upper & lower colour combinations & you look modern.
2. Subhash Chandra Bose : Wow what a man he was. He has a unique signature uniform, he used to wear when he created “Azad Hind Fauj”. As it is a saying “girls die for man in uniform”, so by taking inspiration from his jacket style, especially, the kind of collar he had, you can floor many girls. Also his Jodhpur style trouser in Khadi looks superb. Already military uniform look is in , so its a must have style now. Try it once.
3. Narendra Modi : An Indian, who has become world famous because of his hard work & spectacular style. He is our very own Prime Minister who changed the world`s perspective towards India & Indians in a positive way. He with his unique signature style which has a blend of ethnic & western proved to the world that Indian politicians are more than White Kurta-Pyjama. His kurta style has become world famous & now known as “Modi Kurta”. He wears amazing colour combinations especially when team up Nehru jacket with his kurta pyjama. Guys do try the colour combos he wears & do not miss a chance to try “Modi Kurta”.
4. Dimple Yadav : Member of Parliament & wife of a young chief minister of Uttar Pradesh Mr. Akhilesh Yadav, she has created her style. Always seen in 3/4th sleeves blouse, a well draped Indian hand loom cotton saree, minimal accessories & no make up look. She is a perfect example of natural beauty with Indian roots.
5. Vasundhara Raje : Ex- chief minister of Rajasthan & a memeber of royal family, she is mainly looks in beautyful Rajasthani leheria, tie & dye & other Rajasthani georgette & chiffion sarees. The bright colours & the prints are her signature style & her love & roots to Rajasthan can easily be observed. Girls, do try these sarees with modern sexy blouses & show the world your power look.
6. Priyanka Vadhra : Daughter of one of the most beloved Ex-Prime minister Mr.Rajiv Gandhi is also a part of Indian politics. Her short curly hair style has become her signature style. She carries Indian hand loom saree with same ease as she carries western clothes.
Denim is the most iconic fashion cloth present in the world. But buying a new denim is an art and a time taking process. Are you also one of those who find all denims similar or one who dosn`t know what different to buy in denim? Remember when our mom always complain “you have so many blue denims why you bought new thats too similar looking”. God, first of all we did the most difficult task of buying a new pair & an add on, we ourselves confused what so different about this new purchase. Ok don`t worry now. We tell you how you can buy & collect new different looking denims when you go next for your denim shopping & look enviable. Denims are so playful that to buy different piece you can play with range of different fits, colours, washes, finishings & styles.
1. Fits : Today all denim brands are offering different kind of fits for different look. Bootcuts, Flared, Skinny, High Rise, Low Rise, Culotte, Boyfriend, Jogger, Jegging & many more which fits & look totally different from each other.
2. Washes : So much evolution is happening in denim industry that now so many kind of washes are been treated on denim to get different touch & feel. Washes are kind of chemical treatment done on denim fabric to give different feel & effect to the denim. Same fabric can look as soft as silk, as light as ice & same can look dark & hard. Washes like Acid wash, Bleaching, Ripped, Light, Dark, scrapping etc are done. washes on denims are the most important feature which makes denim look unique from others.
3. Embellishments : Denim is so playful that besides different cuts & washes, lot of other technique can be done to make it look more interesting. Embroidery, Patch work, Studs, Prints, Applique & many more can be done. Adding any of these technique gives a kind of signature to the look.
4. Colours : The most important part of fashion from where the story of fashion starts are Colours. Earlier denim used to be made only in Indigo colour (a shade of Blue) but gradually, fashion designers have brought denims in every Pantone Colour present today. SO people who loves playing with colours don`t have to compromise even in denims. If you are creative, then you can buy & get a denim stitched & get it dye in your favourite colour.
source : denimblog & denimology
Many times you don`
t get a new idea to wear your dupatta. But Dia Mirza`s dupatta style surely will help you to wear it in a new stylish way. Dia Mirza styled this look in a recent event in Delhi called “Gaj Yatra”.
To get this style all you have to do is tuck in your dupatta in your trendy belt.
source : dia mirza on instagram
Rakshabandhan is just around the corner & I am sure you girls are still hunting for clothes & accessories to wear on this day. To make your life easier, I have come up with some best new creative trendy styles from bollywood celebrities from which you can opt for yourself for this Rakshabandhan. All the styles suggested are been chosen keeping in mind the trend, different styles & festival. So check out all the styles and see which one you are going to flaunt this Rakshbandhan & fill your social media to make your friends & cousins “Like” it or feel jealous of you. 😉
1. Shirt with Long Skirt : Take any of your cotton or silk full sleeves shirt & tuck into any of your formal silk brocade or printed skirt like Aditi Rao Hydari. A silver or junk necklace over the shirt will enhance your look.
2. Dupatta with Top & Trousers : This style is really creative & save lot of money. To get this style you really do not have to buy anything new in case you are broke. All you have to do is combine your matching or contrast formal top & team up with a pallazo or any formal trousers. The most important to complete this look is your Dupatta which will make your style look Indian & modern. Swara Bhaskar style showing perfectly the same.
3. Floral Dhoti Pant : Dhoti pant is very much in trend these days. You can get it readymade in the market else to get the matching look, you can easily take the help of any local boutique. Do try this look in floral prints preferably like Illeana D`Cruz is wearing. To give emphasis on Dhoti pant team up it with a crop top.
4. Festive look in Denim : Wear your denim with any heavy embroidered top or short kurti or nowadays cape is making a noise in fashion. Get some formal hairstyle & wear it with a heel and you look picture perfect even on Rakshabandhan. Mugdha Godse showing this style very well.
5. Long dress with a contrast long cape : Long coat style capes are really trendy these days. Celebrities are trying it even with hotpants. But we don`t have to go there. So get your cotton or silk plain long floor length dress & complete it with a contrast printed same length or few inches shorter length cape exactly how bollywood actress Kajol is wearing. You can also accentuate & accessories it by adding a belt.
6. Evergreen Sharara : Sharara has become a must have Indian wear during festivals especially. Bollywood actress Sana Khan showing this style in an impressive way. If you already have worn Sharara many times & now board of it then just replace its lower by any of your same fabric long skirt.
7. Sparkling Top & Pant : Glitter or sparkling is always fun whatever the occassion is & symbolize the festival in a right way. We just loved Jacqueline`s style where she is wearing a matching shinning crop top with trousers. This look is pretty chic & would suits you in a great way if you re the younger one at home or a college going. Break the monotony of silk & cotton fabrics along with the typical Indian wear.
8. Modern Sari : You have seen this gorgeous newly launched actress Niddhi Agerwal with Tiger Shroff. Her style of modern sari is chic, modern yet Indian at the same time. To make it look more trendy she has worn asymmetric one shoulder top as a blouse. Plain sari & a printed asymmetric blouse in one shoulder is a marvellous style to flaunt this Rakshabandhan.
9. Anarkal Suit with Chudidar sleeves : Anarkali suit now can be consider as classic Indian wear. You can never go wrong with Anarkali suits. To make your anarkali suit different from the regular, get the sleeves chudidar. Most important points to get this look stylish, is ethnic jewelleries, centre parting hair style & a small bindi. In short Athiya Shetty look is exactly what we are talking about.
all images source : afashionistadiaries on instagram
India Couture Week 2017 Finale was done by none other than Manish Malhotra. As a showstopper, gorgeous Alia Bhatt & highly energetic Ranveer Singh walked the ramp for him. Alia Bhatt & Ranveer Singh both looked amazing especially we loved the style of Ranveer Singh where is kurta`s
length is more than his sherwani which is unusual to see but looked so smart. Besides we liked the colour of Alia`s outfit which is breaking the monotony of red and pink colours.
source : manish malhotra on instagram
If you have watched the new much talked about movie “Lipstic Under My Burkha” or have seen its trailor then I am sure you know this super talented hot looking “Aahana Kumra“. She has played the local parlour girl in the movie so brilliantly that not even for a second you won`t believe she is playing just a character.
Aahana Kumra was Born and brought up in Lucknow, Aahana moved to Mumbai during her childhood. She has worked on commercials for reputed brands such as Garnier, Red Label Tea, SBI Life Insurance, Revlon, Cox and Kings etc. In 2013, she was awarded an opportunity to work on a series that would change the landscape of Indian television – “Yudh” – a 20-episode show with Anurag Kashyap starring the legend himself Mr. Amitabh Bachchan. Aahana plays the pivotal role of Mr. Bachchan’s daughter. Lets know about her love for fashion.
People know me as : Aahana Kumra
Age : 32
Profession : Actor
Contact/Follow Me : Website
One word that describes me best : Fearless 😀
As a person I am : Transparent
Fashion to me is : Standing out but not being a victim to trends
My sense of style : Eclectic
Style Icon : While Growing up it’s always been Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham)
Dream Ramp walk for which designer : Valentino
Dream movie to work as a lead actress : Still waiting for the dream movie to be made. 😀
One thing that makes me feel sexy : A little black dress #LBD
5 wardrobe essentials : #LBD, shorts, white shirt and blue jeans, A tank top, Jumpsuit
My ideal outfit for a fun party : A sequin dress
For casual day out with friends : Shirts and Tee
Fashion trend I cannot stand : Leather pants 😈
Brands / Designers you wear : Recently I’ve been wearing Longchamp, Swarovski, Rimzim Dadu, Jade, Payal Singhal, Ritu Kumar, Anita Dongre, Parisera, Chola
A Perfume I swear by : L’eau by Narciso Rodriguez
Favorite Lingerie brands, colours & styles : Victoria`s Secret & La Senza. In colours Pink, Hot pink , Beige, Black, Blue are my favourites but usually I love all colors and all styles. ♥
A valuable beauty tip : Keep it real. 🙂