Girls are you one of them who always end up buying a bad fitted or outdated shirt for your bf /bro/husband/father/friend? Or you always end up getting frustrated while buying a shirt for men because of less knowledge of this most important fashion piece? Well we knew it, that is why we have come to your rescue. After reading this guide, next time buy a shirt like a pro stylist.
1. Size : This is the foremost thing you have to be assured of and tell the assistant at shop. The size of shirt you are looking for. You must have known shirt sizes like 38, 40, 40, 44 or S, M, L, XL. Ok, so shirt sizes are measured by Chest. For example – 40 size of shirt means 40 cm chest which is equal to M (Medium). SO first once for all know your husband chest size and next time onward you know it perfect.
2. Fit : Shirts come in different fits and patterns. Fits are known as Classic, Slim, Skinny, straight, etc. Classic fit is regular fit which is same for past many decades, whereas slim is one which fits to the body. But never buy slim fit for a man who has belly.
3. Pattern : Today shirts are available in many patterns. Checks, stripes, prints, embroideries, different weaves styles. Depends on occasion, weather, body type you can choose patter accordingly.
4. Collar Styles : There are numerous kind of collar styles and one of he very important design detail while choosing a shirt. Nehru collar, spread, wing, pinned, etc lot to choose from. If you start depreciating collar styles you can do a great job in managing many different shirt styles.
5. Sleeves : There are mainly 2 types of sleeves. Full sleeves and half sleeves. Depends on weather, season, personal comfort you can opt for sleeves & cuff styles. Well these days men are liking full sleeves more both in formal & casuals. Especially in casuals, so many styles with sleeves you can play with. Also you can keep formal, semi formal & casual any look in the same full sleeves shirt.
6. Colours : Well unlike putting this common question “what colour will suit him?”, buy new colours which your man haven`t tried yet or not in his wardrobe. When you get confident of buying a shirt after reding all the above points, then be bold in choosing colours as well.
source : pinterest